1190 USD Per person
Ayahuasca Retreat in the Amazon 7D/6N
We have designed a exclusive 7-day Ayahuasca retreat in the Amazon. Ayahuasca ceremonies are combined with meditation activities, yoga and proper diet. Ayahuasca is a healing and powerful plant that must be performed in a safe, energetic, magical, immersive and unforgettable place. What better place than the jungle, to perform a ceremony that will connect us with the essentials of our being.
The Peruvian Amazon jungle is immense, very close to Cusco and Machu Picchu there is the Amazon jungle of Tambopata and Manu, two places protected by the Peruvian state and considered one of the most megadiverse in the world. The sacred plant of Ayahuasca is an Amazonian alternative medicine that helps you find your divinity, connect with your inner being, mother earth and the inexhaustible energy of the universe.
Highlights of our Ayahuasca Retreat in the Amazon
- The shamans we work with are all from my town, located in the Amazon jungle of Cusco; The tribe to which they belong are known as the Matsigenka and Ashaninka and they have lived for hundreds of years in the Peruvian Amazon. Our healers have many years of experience healing and helping with Ayahuasca.
- Your safety is our priority, that is why, we include coordinators who will be available 24/7 for you. Our coordinators are trained by doctors and firefighters to solve medical problems. We Also have an agreement with a local hospital to act in case of any emergency.
- For the retreat place we have, for the shamans that work with us and the logistics that we use in our Ayahuasca retreats; the price of our programs are very affordable, we seek to help and heal people in the most authentic way possible, in an immersive and unforgettable setting.
- My family has a paradise ranch in the jungle of more than 20 acres that will be all 100% at your disposal; it has crystalline rivers for tubing, bird observatories, medicinal plants, waterfalls, palm tree areas, horses and much more.
- Be part of our social and environmental projects.
- The groups are small, from 4 to 10 people maximum; this number of people allows the healer / shaman to have adequate control of the energies and frequencies of the participants.
- We are located in the Amazon jungle; inside the Manu National park, 5-hour drive from Cusco and Machu Picchu. The amazon jungle is the original and adequate environment to experience this sacred Ayahuasca brew.
- Our Ayahuasca Retreat includes incredible activities to connect you deeply with nature, the universe and your divinity (see the activities in the itinerary).
- 2 hours of mountain biking, descending from the Andes to the Amazon Jungle (optional activity).
- We prepare adequate diets for Ayahuasca on the days of the ceremony and also delicious food using organic products that we grow in our own farmland.
Ayahuasca Retreat in the Amazon Trip Overview
- Tour localization: Our Ayahuasca healing retreat is located in the southeastern zone of the Peruvian Amazon jungle; exactly in the Manu National Park, 5 hours from Cusco and Machu Picchu.
- Tour type: 7 days and 3 night Ayahuasca ceremony in the Peruvian Amazon jungle, very close to Machu Picchu.
- Good for: Everybody, done in small groups from 4 to 10 or privately
- Difficulty: Not trekking, but a lot of walking around the forest.
- Season: All year around.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In these 7 days of Ayahuasca journey, we do 4 Ayahuasca healing ceremonies, because only 4 ceremonies that lasts each of them 5 to 6 hours brings a gigantic accumulation of varied teachings visions; which need to be processed and interpreted correctly by our shamans in the following days.
If you do not have the time to go to the Amazon jungle of Cusco, we also have 1-day and 2-day Ayahuasca retreats in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, just 2 hours from Machu Picchu and Cusco. See our spiritual retreats in the following tabs: 1-day Ayahausca ceremony in Cusco and 2-day Ayahuasca therapy in Cusco.
The nutritional, physical, emotional and spiritual pre-diet is very important for a deep and healing experience with Ayahuasca, you have to be rigorous with yourself. In case you plan to take a trek to Machu Picchu, we have designed unique and exclusive itineraries that allow you to do the same and the best of conventional treks with additional activities of yoga, meditation and a proper diet for an Ayahuasca retreat. To know more about this, see the tab: Preparation Treks
Day 1: Cusco – Manu National Park – First Ayahuasca Ceremony.
- Driving hours: 2 hours by bike and 4 hours by car.
- Family house altitude: 689 meters above sea level.
- Considered: 40 % of the car route is not paved track and there are some switchbacks. All of our Ayahuasca lovers have free access at any time to the estate facilities and its natural wealth; to take a break, do meditation, yoga, horseback riding, or bathe in the river. You also have unlimited access to the organic fruit we grow in our farm/ drinking water and tea.
- Weather: Warm and humid.
This 7-day Ayahuasca Retreat in the Amazon begins, with the pick-up from the reception of your hotel in Cusco at 5:00 am. then we will be driven in our private car for 2 hours and a half to Tres Cruces; where we will have breakfast and begin a descent by bicycle (optional activity led by a tour guide). This descent will be from the Andean foothills located at 3700 meters to the cloud forest of San Pedro located at 2000 meters. With a little luck on this bike ride we can see monkeys, the cock of the rocks, the Andean quetzal and the Andean guan to mention some of them. We will board our van again for 1 hour and 20 minutes to the place where we will do our Ayahuasca retreat.
After a delicious vegetarian lunch, we will walk for 15 minutes to a beautiful stretch of the river, where we will have a guided meditation session. This session will help us relax and focus on our intentions when performing the Ayahuasca ritual. Afterwards we will take a refreshing dip while our shaman plays Andean and Amazonian sounds. This activity will allow us to connect with the most used ancestrally purifying element; water allows us to purify ourselves and release all tensions, physical and emotional discomforts. All the activities that are carried out day by day in our retreat, will allow you to enter into harmonious contact with this Amazonian alternative medicine.
Returning to the family ranch, we’ll rest for a while and then ride horses off observing the sunset and twilight. In the evening, after enjoying a delicious dinner, together with our shaman and our coordinators, we will talk extensively about the healing benefits of this sacred plant and how it works according to the needs and traumas of each person. After some time for our own reflection we will go to our Maloca (circular wooden structure where Ayahuasca ceremonies are performed). The Ayahuasca retreat will last between 5 and 6 hours and will be led by our main shaman. Our coordinators will be at our disposal all the time and helping us with everything we need.
** The Amazon jungle is the best place to do an Ayahuasca ceremony, due to the large amount of plant and animal energy found in the area.
NOTE: The rooms are shared by two people and the bathrooms are outside the rooms and are shared as well. We have a capacity of 5 twin rooms and 5 bathrooms.
Day 2: Ayahuasca Vision Interpretation – Flowering Bath in the River – Visit a Wild Animal Rescue Center.
- Family house altitude: 689 meters above sea level.
- Considered: Today we will carry out activities that will help us correctly interpret the teachings of Ayahuasca.
- Weather: Warm and humid.
Today we will have a very nutritious breakfast, since our body needs energy after a deep Ayahuasca ceremony. Afterwards we will go to our Maloca, where our shaman, with the help and translation of our coordinators, will interpret the visions acquired in the Ayahuasca ritual. Later we will have a flowering bath in one of the crystal clear rivers that we have on the property. The flowering baths are a ritual that is performed with the intention of purifying and cleansing the soul, seeking to obtain benefits in physical, mental and emotional health. In these baths you can use different herbs, medicinal plants and flowers combined with water.
After a delicious organic lunch, we will have a little free time to cycle, walk, take a dip in one of the rivers or simply contemplate the beauty of the place. In the afternoon we will board our private car for 30 minutes to the rescue center for wild animals, called “Dos Loritos” This beautiful place works with animals rescued from forest fires and illegal traffickers. The animals that we can feed and contemplate are: ocelots, monkeys, macaws, tapirs, alligators, turtles, wild pigs and many other species.
After returning to the farm, we will get ready to walk for 15 minutes to a viewpoint built with wood, which will allow us to observe a beautiful twilight in the vast Peruvian Amazon. We will also observe flocks of birds returning to their homes after finishing their daily feeding tasks. In the evening, after a dietary dinner, we will have a meeting where interesting Andean tales and Ayahuasca experiences will be shared.
** This is a very important day, because our shaman will interpret your Ayahuasca visions and reveal hidden truths that you seek to know, as well as paths of healing.
Day 3: Meditation Under the Sunrise – Medicinal plant trail – Yoga in the River Bank – Second Ayahuasca Ceremony.
- Family house altitude: 689 meters above sea level.
- Considered: We will perform many Ayahuasca healing activities, that will help you to have a better Ayahuasca journey.
- Weather: Hot and humid.
In the Ayahuasca retreat house today we will prepare an organic fruit smoothie, with which we will wake you up. We will go to a flat place in the hacienda house, where we will meditate looking at the sunrise. During meditation, you focus your attention and eliminate the flow of confusing thoughts that may be crowding your mind and causing you stress. Meditation can result in an enhancement of physical and emotional well-being. Meditation is a powerful tool when channeling Ayahuasca. After breakfast we will enjoy some free time.
Continuing with our Ayahuasca retreat in the Amazon, we will hike between 2 and 3 hours through a path full of biodiversity, our local guide will teach us the properties and benefits of each of the more than 50 sacred and medicinal plants that we will see, we will touch and we will smell. Ayahuasca is the mother of the other divine plants. Upon returning to the retreat house, we will enjoy a proper diet, since at night we will perform a second Ayahuasca ritual.
In the afternoon we will go to the riverbank to do yoga. This activity is based on connecting body, mind and emotions using breathing and body postures, something that will be very useful to better connect with the spirit of mother Ayahuasca. In the evening we will have our own time to reflect, contemplate and prepare for another enriching experience with this powerful alternative medicine.
** The nutritional, physical, emotional and spiritual diet are essential for a better treatment with this amazing and loving alternative medicine.
Day 4: Interpretation of Ayahuasca Teachings – Amazonian Flowering Bath – Meditation on Stones in the River – Campfire to Share Teachings.
Once again we will offer you a delicious and nutritious breakfast so that you can recover your energy after an enriching Ayahuasca retreat. We will enter our Maloca so that our shaman interprets, according to his knowledge, experience and spirituality, the visions obtained in the Ayahuasca ceremony. Keep in mind that Ayahuasca is not a medicine that magically changes everything, but rather it is a first step towards a more spiritual and transcendental life in connection with the earth and the universe. The improvements obtained from the Ayahuasca ceremonies must be worked with unconditional love day by day. Remember that Ayahuasca will be from now and forever in your body, mind and soul.
Afterwards we will go to our crystalline river to carry out a purification ceremony with wild flowers from the Amazon. After lunch you will have free time to walk, write, sing or simply reflect and contemplate. Then we will go to a place in the river where we will do a guided meditation on stones. This activity will be carried out listening to the magical sounds of water and the forest. At night we will make a campfire in the middle of the forest and we will take advantage of this moment to sing, play instruments and share the teachings that Ayahuasca is sharing with us.
** A transcendental day for all of us, mother Ayahuasca gives us greater clarity on our path.
Day 5: Yoga Receiving the Sunrise – Walk Through Primary Jungle Forest with Icaros – Meditation Next to a Waterfall – Munay Meditation observing the Sunset – 3rd Ayahuasca retreat.
- Family house altitude:689 meters above sea level.
- Considered:Today we will carry out deep activities of connection with nature, before ingesting the healing medicine.
- Weather: Hot and humid
We will wake you up very early for a yoga session receiving the first rays of the sun. The sun helps our body produce vitamin D, which is beneficial for our mood as it promotes the synthesis of serotonin, a substance related to well-being. After an organic breakfast and a little free time, we will walk for 2-hour round trip through a primary forest, where we will observe a great biodiversity of small mammals, birds and a lot of plant species.
All this tour, we will do it with our shaman, who will sing ICAROS (magical and sacred songs that are sung while drinking Ayahuasca). The Icaros are diverse, since each shaman creates his own magical song, which will guide your visions when performing the Ayahuasca ceremony. At the end of the trail we will reach a beautiful waterfall with a drop of about 9 meters. Together with our coordinators, we will carry out a guided meditation, which will help us release and discard negative tensions on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Then we will have a very small diet lunch in the open air, in front of the waterfall. The return leg to the retreat house will take about 1 hour.
After having some free time, we will do a meditation session receiving the energy of the sun at sunset. We will take advantage of this magical moment to focus our intentions upon receiving the ancestral medicine of Ayahuasca. In the afternoon and before the ceremony, you will have your own time to prepare physically and mentally for the spiritual retreat with mother Ayahuasca.
** A day of preparation to receive at night all the love and teaching of the healing and sacred Ayahuasca.
Day 6: Interpretation of Ayahuasca visions – Flowering Bath – Meeting to Discuss the Andean Amazonian Philosophy – Yoga Receiving the Sunset – Fourth Ayahuasca Ceremony.
- Family house altitude:689 meters above sea level.
- Considered:Today we will focus on understanding the teachings left by mother Ayahuasca.
- Weather:Hot and humid.
Once all participants have refueled with a tasty and nutritious breakfast, we will head to our circular construction. Here our shaman along with the coordinators, will perform the interpretation of the teachings obtained the night before. Later, we will make a flowering bath in the river. This flower bath will help you let go of negative things from the past and attract positive vibrations and frequencies into your life. The purification baths with flowers are always done after an Ayahuasca ceremony, since this helps eliminate toxins on a physical, mental and spiritual level and attract good energies and frequencies to our being.
After a varied buffet lunch, we will go to a quiet place on the farm, where we will talk in depth about the Andean Amazonian philosophy; We will talk about the Allin Munay, the Allin Yachay and the Allin Llancay, the Ayni and the Minka. Between sunset and twilight, we will have a Kundalini yoga session. Finally we prepare ourselves to receive the love and wisdom with which mother Ayahuasca will connect us with our inner being and the divinity of everything that surrounds us. This Ayahuasca ceremony will be very intense and healing for us.
At night and after dinner, we will write on a piece of paper everything we have learned in these Ayahuasca retreat days and how we will apply this wisdom in our daily lives. Our shaman will perform a closing ceremony to consecrate all the learning obtained from mother Ayahuasca.
** Deep and intense fourth Ayahuasca ceremony.
Day 7: Parrot and Macaw Trail – Plant your Tree – River Tubing –Cusco.
Today we will wake you up with a yummy papaya smoothie, then we will get ready to walk for 2 hours along a beautiful path surrounded by palm trees called Aguajes and which are home to dozens of parrots and macaws. These birds are very active between 5 and 7 in the morning, so if we want to see them, we will have to get up early. Then we return to our family home to enjoy a delicious organic breakfast. After resting a bit, we will walk about 10 minutes to a place in the forest where we have a reforestation project. Here you will plant an Ayahuasca vine or tree that will be yours forever. We will take care of your plant and year after year we will send you photos of its annual growth. This activity also helps to reforest depredated forests of the Manu National Park.
After tasting a typical lunch from the Peruvian Amazon, we will say goodbye to our hosts and we will also have the opportunity to buy Ayahuasca souvenirs from the Matsigenka and Ashaninka tribes. Afterwards, we will be driven for 5 hours back to Cusco, where we will arrive around 7:00 pm.
** Unfortunately this healing and spiritual journey with Ayahuasca in our retreat house has ended, however for you the path to the transcendental has begun.
Included on the Ayahuasca Retreat in the Amazon
Professional Coordinators: All our coordinators are professionals who have been prepared for a long time in Ayahuasca spiritual retreats in the Amazon and have also studied tourism at the University of Cusco or Madre de Dios. They are friendly, funny charming, knowledgeable, professional and speak well English. They also will be awesome interpreters in all steps of your Ayahuasca retreat.
Amazonian Shaman: The shamans we work with are all from the town of Huacaria, we belong to the Matsigenka tribe, located in the Amazon jungle of Cusco; We have all had the privilege of being born in the Peruvian jungle and thus directly knowing the authentic healing power of an Ayahuasca retreat.
Ayahuasca Retreat in Amazon: This 7-day Ayahuasca retreat gives you the opportunity to perform 3 Ayahuasca ceremony and an optional second ceremony, which will be analyzed and recommended by our shaman. Remember that just one Ayahuasca ceremony reveals a huge number of visions that need to be interpreted and learned correctly.
Permits: As soon as we get your details and deposit, we will purchase your permits for the Manu National Park.
Family House: Our Ayahuasca retreat itinerary includes 6 nights in rooms shared by two people; if you want a private room (you must add $ 300 for a private room for 6 nights). We have 5 bathrooms which are shared by all Ayahuasca lovers. The bathrooms are constantly cleaned and disinfected.
- Biking for 2 hours from the highlands to the jungle.
- Swimming in a crystalline and temperate river.
- Meditation under the sounds of the river.
- Horse riding under sunset and twilight.
- 2 Meetings with the shaman to talk about your intentions and desires when taking the healing medicine of Ayahuascaand how she will work with you.
- 4 Rapé ceremonies, each of them before each Ayahuasca ceremony.
- 2 Coca leaf reading ceremony.
- 4 Ayahuasca ceremonies (with free option to do 1 more ceremony).
- 3 Ceremony of interpretation of your Ayahuasca visions.
- 3 Floral spiritual baths in the river.
- Visit the wild animal rescue center.
- Observation of birds and the vast Amazon rainforest from our observation tower built on a tree.
- Parrot and macaw trail.
- Path to learn about medicinal plants in the Amazon jungle.
- Meditation on stones in the river.
- Yoga in the middle of the forest.
- Bonfire to share Ayahuasca teachings.
- Yoga receiving the sunrise.
- Jungle walk with icaros songs.
- Meditation next to a waterfall.
- Munay meditation receiving the sunset.
- Interpretation of visions.
- Flowering bath in the river.
- Meeting and Discussion about the Andean Amazonian philosophy.
- Yoga receiving the sunset.
- Plant your Ayahuasca vineor a tree, which will be yours forever.
- 45 minutes of tubing in a pristine river.
- Free access to bathe in the rivers whenever you want.
- Free access to any place on the farm that you consider suitable to do your personal meditations.
Briefing: The day before your spiritual journey, you will come to our office for your informative meeting. You will receive a duffle bag, that you will bring to our Ayahuasca retreat center and also you will pay the balance.
Transportation: Ikaro Ayahuasca Retreat will be providing all transport needed for this Ayahuasca journey, our service is from door to door.
Food: Our Ayahuasca trip includes, a local chef who will cook delicious organic meals; that many previous Ayahuasca lovers have loved. We have experience cooking the proper diet food for an Ayahuasca retreat and we honor all food restrictions, so be sure to add any that you have on your booking form and let us know. Food is typically all served as buffet.
Details: We profess that it is the attention to small details that separates us from other travel agencies; each tourist receives a duffle bag to carry their essential belongings to our Ayahuasca retreat center. We gift all our Ayahuasca lovers a beautiful souvenir made by my relatives; and also a tree or an Ayahuasca vine that you will plant and that will be yours forever.
First Aid: Every coordinator has got training in first aid from a clinic and firemen. We elaborate mandatory training sessions, every February about Ayahuasca retreat risk situations; which every Ikaro Ayahuasca Retreat coordinator must attend. Your spiritual leader is going to have always a first-aid kit for medical problems.
Not Included on the Ayahuasca Retreat in the Amazon
- Gratuities for our staff: Ikaro Ayahuasca Retreat ensures all staff are fairly paid and therefore gratuities are optional; and at your own discretion.
- Travel Insurance: Highly recommended for all tourist.
- Water Bottle: You can buy it from my relatives in the Ayahuasca retreat center.
- Flight tickets
- Hotel in Cusco
We would like to be in charge of guiding you, in your experience with Ayahuasca in the Amazon.
- Group Retreat Price
$1190 per person
The rooms are twins and they are shared by two Ayahuasca lovers.
Important Note: Our Ayahuasca retreats are done in small groups, from 4 to 10 people; if you wish to have a private Ayahuasca ceremony only for you and your loved ones. This option is also available, you only need to coordinate it, with your sale representative.
Important Note II: For patient safety, we reserve the right to refuse treatment to patients with the following conditions:
- Heart surgery, pacemaker, tachycardia, murmur, or other heart ailment
- Blood disease.
- Mental illness (Schizophrenia, Bipolarism, etc.).
Ayahuasca Retreat in the Amazon Packing list
Bringing what is recommended on the packing list is essential for a better experience within your Ayahuasca retreat in the Amazon.
Recommended Packing List
1. 1 Daypack/carry-on bag – for valuables and breakable objects.
2. Sandals or flip-flops.
3. Outdoor shoes (good enough for moderate hiking but light enough for mud).
4. 2 pairs of swimming gear.
5. 3-4 pair jeans/pants/dress/shirt for social scene and meditation.
6. 1 rugged pants for hikes (lighter is better).
7. 1-2 Loose fitting, breathable long sleeved shirts for jungle
8. Casual/active hot weather attire (enough for 3 days, 25-30-degree Celsius weather).
9. Down jacket; people usually feel so much cold while doing Ayahuasca.
10. 1 Light rain jacket.
11. Socks & Undies (enough for 7 days, plus extras).
12. Sun hat.
13. Rain poncho.
14. Passport (valid for at least six months).
15. Extra money in soles, to buy souvenirs and to tip the people who will accompany you on your spiritual journey (not mandatory). it is advisable to carry bills with denominations of 20, 50 and 100 soles.
16. Credit card with cash withdrawal option.
17. PLENTY of insect repellant (DEET Recommended, as well as something natural) – they don’t sell strong stuff in Peru!
18. Sunscreen (30+ SPF Recommended).
19. Flashlight(s) (one bright for jungle, one dim LED RED LIGHT for ceremonies).
20. Small first-aid kit for scrapes, cuts and bug bites.
22. Face Wipes: the humidity will cause you to sweat a lot.
23. Deodorant, you will use more than normal due to the sweat.
24. Medications (Insect bites, headaches, muscle pain, etc.).
25. Notebook / Journal.
26. Camera & Memory Cards.
27. Personal reading material.
Ayahuasca Retreat in the Amazon Pre-Diet
Our bodies are full of toxic and inorganic substances that will not allow us to receive mother Ayahuasca properly. The vast majority of the foods that we currently consume contain large amounts of preservatives, so a proper diet for at least a week before the Ayahuasca retreat is recommended to better channel the teachings of this powerful ancestral medicine.
Ayahuasca expert Alan Shoemaker expanded on this idea; in his book: «Ayahuasca Medicine, the Shamanic World of Amazonian Sacred Plant Healing». Plant diets are designed to help a person connect with plant spirits and develop new healing abilities, vision, and knowledge; that require a lot of time, in solitude and with a strict dietary regimen. When you follow a strict required diet, you become more accessible to the spirit world.”
Tranquilize or cleanse the body to achieve a spiritual state; It will be a familiar idea to anyone who has practiced yoga. Yoga asana such as physical positions such as: downward facing dog or child’s pose; These poses were originally designed for the purpose of preparing your body for meditation. Like the effect of the asanas on meditation, the physical preparation of the Ayahuasca pre-diet; it goes hand in hand with being able to psychologically prepare for the healing experience.
Cleansing yourself of toxins gives you a great boost in the Ayahuasca journey; because, as Vincent Ravalee explains in the book entitled: «The Psychotropic Mind». All the toxins that we accumulate during our daily life, are the first things that Ayahuasca will attack.
When you cleanse those toxins in advance, it is easier for mother Ayahuasca to work in your body; because there are fewer “barriers” to cross. By following the diet, you ensure your ability to get the most out of your trip; and reach deeper levels of spiritual psychic understanding.
Each shaman, Ayahuasquero or Ayahuasca retreat varies in specific restrictions. In the Huacaria community we have a series of physical, emotional, mental and spiritual diets that you must follow rigorously to have a deep and healing experience with Ayahuasca.
Our Matsigenka Restrictions are:
Proper body preparation reduces the risks of experimenting, difficulties and intense purging during the ceremony with the mother Ayahuasca. In addition, to following a proper diet, you show your commitment and intentions to heal yourself and know your own divinity.
Foods Containing Tyramine.
Ayahuasca, specifically; the Banisteriopsis Caapi, which is a vine plant, and one of the principal ingredients in the Ayahuasca brew. Is an MAO-inhibitor, meaning it temporarily inhibits the activation of the monoamine oxidase (MAO) an enzyme that is essential to process the amino acid tyramine.
if you ingest an MAO inhibitor, such as: Ayahuasca and eat foods high in tyramine; it can quickly reach dangerous levels. This can cause a severe increase in blood pressure and require emergency treatment.
You should avoid products that contains tyramine; 2 weeks before the Ayahuasca retreat and 1 week, after taking it.
- Red meat.
- Aged cheeses.
- Fermented foods like soy sauce, fermented tofu, and sauerkraut.
- Nutritional supplements, like protein powders.
- Chicken liver.
The best way to prepare our temple, that is, our body, is to eat a diet rich in organic foods. Foods that contain preservatives are not recommended at all for a proper and healthy diet before an Ayahuasca ceremony. It is recommended to follow a diet based on fruits, vegetables and seeds.
Other foods you should avoid:
In addition to foods high in tyramine, you should avoid condiments, very acidic foods, salt and sugar in excess; these contain toxins that are difficult to eliminate from our body, and also that obstruct the purgative and healing energy of plant medicine.
Avoid all Type of Animal Products
Currently many animals used as a source of food, are full of chemicals; from vaccines, antibiotics to hormones, and are raised and slaughtered inhumanely.
Unless you are consuming organically raised animals or wild animals from the jungle. It is best to avoid any industrialized animal product.
It is mandatory not to consume industrialized products or animals; because you consume not only the substance of those foods, but also the energy of them. So, if you consume an animal, which was full of inorganics and chemicals and spent its entire life miserably crammed into a pen or barn; only to finally be slaughtered, in masse, in a mechanized way, you also ingest the negative energy and traumatic experience of that animal.
3 weeks leading up to the Ayahuasca ceremony; we strongly suggest that you stop the following prescription drugs:
- Antidepressants like SSRIs.
- Sleep medications.
- Alpha- and beta-blockers.
Sex and Masturbation
Avoiding a sexual and energetic exchange 2 weeks before and after an Ayahuasca retreat is essential for a better experience.
Sex, masturbation or even any exchange of bodily fluids, energetic and spiritual, can deplete the energy support available to you and thus inhibit the effectiveness of the sacred plants to teach and guide you
The mental, emotional and spiritual diet is as important as the physical diet for a successful ceremony with the mother Ayahuasca. In our Huacaria village, the mental preset would include staying in relative solitude and minimizing useless chatter and gossip. In industrialized countries; a modern diet would definitely include: a fast from videos, TV, radio, movies, news, and social media.
You should spend as many days as possible, before your Ayahuasca ceremony, doing activities such as: meditation, mindfulness practice and yoga to mention a few. Contemplation walks through forests, mountains, riverbanks, ocean shores. Also take a walk at sunrise and sunset to receive solar energy, walk at night, it is much better if it is a full moon, so you fully receive the energy of the stars and planets. Start connecting directly with nature, even before your appointment with Ayahuasca.
It is very risky and can bring you a bad experience; if you don’t do your diet responsibly and strictly.