Benefits of drinking Ayahuasca
The benefits of drinking Ayahuasca according to various studies and opinions of people who have experience Ayahuasca retreats, this concoction promotes brain health and mental and spiritual well-being. Ayahuasca, also known by the name of yage or caapi, is a traditional medicine of various Amazonian peoples.
In the Peruvian Amazon, Ayahuasca is a sacred brew. While others believe that it could benefit health, by treating addiction, anxiety and depression problems.
Healing benefits of Drinking Ayahuasca according to our experience and that of our shamans
- Mother Ayahuasca allows you to enter into deep contact with your divinity, your inner being, mother earth and the universe.
- The Ayahuasca ceremony internally and externally eliminates all negative energies. Ayahuasca brings relief from stress and depression. Thus, negative emotional overloads are expelled from the body, mind and spirit.
- Ayahuasca rituals will teach you to forgive and not hold grudges against those people who caused you suffering at some point in your existence (forgiveness on an emotional and spiritual level). It also teaches you with wisdom to disappear the ego that does not allow you to grow. An Ayahuasca retreat will bring more love, peace, happiness, harmony and wisdom to your daily life.
- Ayahuasca rituals give you vitality with enormous divine energy. Your being will be expelled from fear, confusion and negative energy, frequency and vibration.
- Mother Ayahuasca will teach you to improve your tolerance and humility.
- The ceremonies heal the deep wounds or scars of the soul and remove general suffering. It guides you on the right path with the help of our shamans, the doctors of the spirit.
- Ayahuasca retreats break personalities and negative paradigms.
- Expels ingratitude from the subconscious. The hidden sun will shine within you and the light will bloom in your heart.
- An Ayahuasca ceremony teaches you to overcome interpersonal difficulties and then to develop moral values, such as respect and empathy to name a few.
The benefits of Ayahuasca and sacred and healing plants include the evolution of the mind and heart.There are many people who say that their lives changed for the better after attending an Ayahuasca ceremony. But what does science say about it? Does it have any health benefits? Let’s see in detail.
- Promote brain health
According to a study published in Frontiers in Neuroscience, DMT is capable of activating the sigma-1 receptor (Sig-1R), a protein that inhibits neurodegeneration and controls the production of antioxidant compounds responsible for protecting brain cells. Also, the study found that DMT protects these cells from damage caused by lack of oxygen.
For its part, a research published in the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs found that harmine, the main β-carboline present in the Ayahuasca vine, has anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective effects and stimulates memory.
In addition, there was an increase in the levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), a protein that is involved in the growth of nerve cells and increases the chances of survival of neurons.
Finally, a test-tube study published in PeerJ showed that harmine increased the growth of neural progenitor cells (NPCs), which are responsible for promoting the development of new neurons, by 70%.
- Improve mental and spiritual well-being
Although it can be difficult to define, mental and spiritual well-being is about being good with yourself. It is believed that taking Ayahuasca could not only help with this, but also improve mindfulness.
A study published in Frontiers in Pharmacology suggested that ingesting Ayahuasca once a week for 4 weeks can improve acceptance as effectively as a 2-month mindfulness program.
- Treat addiction, treatment-resistant depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
According to a research with 29 people with treatment-resistant depression, a single dose of Ayahuasca can significantly decrease the severity of depression when compared to a placebo. Similarly, there is scientific evidence that this drink could have fast-acting antidepressant effects.
A review of studies also concluded that Ayahuasca is effective in treating depression, anxiety, mood disorders, and drug addiction. In fact, a study published in the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs found promising results in addressing various addictions, including dependence on nicotine, alcohol, and crack.
Similarly, an investigation of 12 people with psychological and behavioral problems associated with substance abuse, who followed a 4-day treatment with 2 Ayahuasca ceremonies, showed that they experienced an improvement in the quality of life in general, as well as a reduction in the consumption of tobacco, alcohol and cocaine.
Finally, there are experts who suggest that this traditional drink can be an alternative treatment for people with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). However, more research is still required.