680 USD Per person
Ayahuasca Retreat in the Cusco Amazon Jungle 3D/2N
We have developed a unique Ayahuasca retreat in the Amazon jungle of Cusco very close to Machu Picchu. The family hacienda that we have in the jungle of Cusco, is a magical and perfect place for a genuine Ayahuasca retreat. Make your healing with Ayahuasca; in a magical, immersive, safe, authentic and unforgettable place.
Ayahuasca is a powerful indigenous alternative medicine that is helping many people to find their inner being and their divinity. The mother plant Ayahuasca grows in the Amazon jungle of South America and therefore the best place to perform an Ayahuasca ceremony is in the jungle.
Highlights of our Ayahuasca Retreat in the Cusco Amazon Jungle
- The shamans we work with are all from my town, located in the Amazon jungle of Cusco; The tribe to which they belong are known as the Matsigenka and Ashaninka and they have lived for hundreds of years in the Peruvian Amazon. Our healers have many years of experience healing and helping with Ayahuasca.
- Your safety is our priority, that is why, we include coordinators who will be available 24/7 for you. Our coordinators are trained by doctors and firefighters to solve medical problems. We Also have an agreement with a local hospital to act in case of any emergency.
- For the retreat place we have, for the shamans that work with us and the logistics that we use in our Ayahuasca retreats; the price of our programs are very affordable, we seek to help and heal people in the most authentic way possible, in an immersive and unforgettable setting.
- My family has a paradise ranch in the jungle of more than 20 acres that will be all 100% at your disposal; it has crystalline rivers for tubing, bird observatories, medicinal plants, waterfalls, palm tree spots, horses and much more.
- Be part of our social and environmental projects.
- The groups are small, from 4 to 10 people maximum; this number of people allows the healer / shaman to have adequate control of the energies and frequencies of all participants.
- We are located in the Amazon jungle; inside the Manu National park, 5-hour drive from Cusco and Machu Picchu. The amazon jungle is the original and adequate environment to experience this sacred Ayahuasca brew.
- Our Ayahuasca Retreat includes incredible activities to connect you deeply with nature, the universe and your divinity (see the activities in the itinerary).
- 2 hours of mountain biking, descending from the Andes to the Amazon Jungle (optional activity).
- We prepare adequate diets for Ayahuasca on the days of the ceremony and also delicious food using organic products that we grow in our own farmland.
Trip Overview of our Ayahuasca Ceremony in the Peruvian Jungle
- Tour localization: Our Ayahuasca healing retreat is located in the southeastern zone of the Peruvian Amazon jungle; exactly in the Manu National Park, 5 hours from Cusco and Machu Picchu.
- Tour type: 3 days and 2 night Ayahuasca ceremony in the Peruvian Amazon jungle, very close to Machu Picchu.
- Good for: Everybody, done in small groups from 4 to 10 or privately
- Difficulty: Not trekking, but a lot of walking around the forest.
- Season: All year around.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In these 3 days of Ayahuasca trip, we do 2 Ayahuasca ceremonies, because only 2 ceremonies that lasts 5 to 6 hours brings a gigantic accumulation of varied visions; which need to be processed and interpreted correctly by our shamans in the following days.
If you do not have the time to go to the Amazon jungle of Cusco, we also have 1-day and 2-day Ayahuasca retreats in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, just 2 hours from Machu Picchu and Cusco. See our spiritual retreats in the following tabs: 1-day Ayahausca ceremony in Cusco and 2-day Ayahuasca therapy in Cusco.
The nutritional, physical, emotional and spiritual pre-diet is very important for a deep and healing experience with Ayahuasca, you have to be rigorous with yourself. In case you plan to take a trek to Machu Picchu, we have designed unique and exclusive itineraries that allow you to do the same and the best of conventional treks with additional activities of yoga, meditation and a proper diet for an Ayahuasca retreat. To know more about this, see the tab: Preparation Treks
Day 1: Cusco – Manu National Park – First Ayahuasca Ceremony.
- Driving hours: 2 hours by bike and 4 hours by car.
- Family house altitude: 689 meters above sea level.
- Considered: 40 % of the car route is not paved track and there are some switchbacks. All of our Ayahuasca lovers have free access at any time to the estate facilities and its natural wealth; to take a break, do meditation, yoga, horseback riding, or bathe in the river. You also have unlimited access to the organic fruit we grow in our farm/ drinking water and tea.
- Weather: Warm and humid.
This Ayahuasca healing journey begins with a pick up from your hotel at 5 am. The activities that we carry out in these 3 days of alternative retreat are described in the order in which we will carry them out.
- Two hours of mountain biking (Optional)
We will be driven for 2 hours and 30 minutes to Tres Cruces de Oro, from where we will descend from the Andean foothills to the cloud forest of the Peruvian Amazon. This descent by bicycle is optional (Ayahuasca lovers who do not wish to do it can stay in the van the whole time). This section allows you to observe beautiful landscapes of the Peruvian yungas and diversity of animals such as: the cock of the rock, the Andean motmot, the great Andean toucan, the spider monkey among others. Afterwards we will board our private van for 1 hour to the family home where, we will embark on our Ayahuasca retreat journey.
- Meditation by the river
After lunch we will go to the banks of the Hospital River, to carry out a guided meditation session. This ceremony will help us to relax, de-stress and calm down with ourselves, it also helps to better channel the visions that we will have when we experience our healing in the Ayahuasca retreat.
- Bath in the river with powerful sounds
After the guided meditation session, we will take a bath in one of the beautiful crystal clear rivers. Water is the most important and most used natural agent and purifier for thousands of years by all civilizations in the world. While we bathe and refresh ourselves, we will also be purifying our body and soul, at the same time our shaman will be playing some beautiful musical instruments.
- Horse ride under the twilight
After returning to the family ranch and resting for a bit, in the afternoon we will have a guided horseback riding session on the 2-acre pasture that our family owns. This activity of connection with nature will be enjoying a beautiful sunset and twilight. This activity will help you contemplate the beauty and power of our main star and therefore better prepare your spirit for the Ayahuasca ceremony.
- Meeting with the shaman who performs the Ayahuasca retreat
We will meet with the shaman to give a talk about the Ayahuasca ceremony, how it will be carried out, how to better control the visions when performing the ceremony and the expectations we have when ingesting the mother Ayahuasca.
- your own moment
You will have a time of 1 hour and you will be able to choose the place of the farm that you want to carry out your own meditation and concentration to experience Ayahuasca at night.
- The main Ayahuasca ceremony
The Ayahuasca ceremony takes place from 8 pm. until 1 in the morning more or less, the time is an estimate, since some ceremonies can last longer and others less. This Ayahuasca retreat will be chaired and guided by our main shaman, called Munay, and you will be cared for and assisted at all times by our coordinators.
** Experiencing Ayahuasca in the Amazon jungle is the best place to have a deep connection with your divinity, nature and the universe. The sounds of animals at night, the music of the river and the forest create a magical atmosphere of energetic frequencies.
NOTE: The rooms are shared by two Ayahuasca lovers and the bathrooms are outside from the rooms, the toilets are shared as well. We have a capacity of 5 twin rooms.
Day 2: Interpretation of your Ayahuasca Visions – Floral Spiritual Bath –Visit a Wild Animal Rescue Center – Second Ayahuasca Therapy.
- Family house altitude: 689 meters above sea level.
- Considered: We will perform many Ayahuasca spiritual activities, that will help you to have a deeper Ayahuasca experience.
- Weather: Hot and humid with mosquitoes
The second day of our Ayahuasca retreat, we carry out activities that will help us interpret the revelations acquired during the Ayahuasca ceremony and contemplate all that knowledge.
- Interpretation of Ayahuasca visions
After a delicious organic and vegetarian breakfast, we will go to a circular construction so that our shaman will give us the interpretation of the Ayahuasca revelations, acquired the night before. The visions perceived during an Ayahuasca intake usually act as metaphors or allegories, similar to how dreams capture remote places of the unconscious in images. There are pervasive patterns in Ayahuasca visions: animals (especially snakes and felines), images of death and rebirth, and flying beings to name a few.
- Andean flowering bath
After the ceremony of interpretation of the Ayahuasca teachings and a small moment for your own reflection, we will go to one of the crystal clear rivers that we have in the farm house to perform a ceremony of spiritual and corporal purification. The flowering baths are a tradition of the Andean culture practiced since time immemorial, with this ceremony it is sought to eliminate the negative that invades a person, and to be clean of frequencies and negative energy. A flowering bath is always recommended after an Ayahuasca retreat so that the healing is more effective.
- Visit to a wild animal rescue center
After a tasty buffet lunch, we will board our private van for 45 minutes to a place that will bring us much contemplation for the creatures of mother earth. In this wild animal rescue center, we will be able to appreciate: macaws, monkeys, alligators, turtles, tapirs, wild pigs, toucans and many other species. This rescue center has been working for more than 10 years, rescuing and inserting wild animals rescued from illegal traffickers and forest fires into their natural habitat.
- Sunset lookout
In the afternoon, we will return to the farm and after a short break, we will walk for 10 minutes to a 10-meter viewpoint, made of wood and located on a small hill. From this viewpoint we will appreciate a beautiful sunset over the vast Amazon plain. We will also have a unique opportunity to observe birds, which will be returning to their homes after their daily work. At night, and after a day full of purification and contemplation activities, we will have dinner and sleep. For Ayahuasca lovers who want or need a second Ayahuasca ceremony, it is possible to perform it, as long as the shaman, after a previous analysis, sees that this extra ceremony is recommended and appropriate for you.
- Second Ayahuasca Ceremony
Tonight we have a second ceremony with the ancestral medicine of Ayahuasca and we will once again learn of her love and wisdom. An integrative and transcendental night presided over by our shaman Munay and with the help and care of our coordinators.
** Always keep in mind that Ayahuasca works differently in each spiritual being and one thing is to have an appreciation of Ayahuasca based on the experience of your friends or the books you have read and the one you will have once you embark on this journey of spiritual healing with mother Ayahuasca.
Day 3: Munay Meditation – Plant your Tree – Hospital River Tubing – Cusco.
- Family house altitude: 689 meters above sea level.
- Weather: Hot and humid with mosquitoes
Unfortunately, it is the final day of our first healing experience with this ancestral medicine of the Amazonian peoples. This Ayahuasca experience is the beginning of a new life full of personal knowledge and connection with your inner being, your divinity, mother earth and universal energy. Obviously the Ayahuasca retreat gives you a quick view of your spiritual being which you will have to maintain daily with proper food, meditation, yoga and other activities.
- Munay meditation
We will wake you up with a fresh and organic fruit smoothie that we grow on the farm. After you have got ready, we will walk 5 minutes to a special place on the farm where we will do a Munay meditation in front of the sunrise, this ancestral Andean meditation seeks to connect people with their unconditional love.
- Help the planet heal
After the guided meditation session at dawn, we will go to a specific point on the farm, where we have a reforestation project to recover deforested areas of the Manu National Park, one of the national parks with the greatest biodiversity in the world. The family farm is located in the cultural area of the Manu. We will give you a native tree or an Ayahuasca vine, which will be planted by yourself and will be your tree forever. We will look after of its care and annual growth, we will tie a ribbon with a nickname or a name that you want to give your tree and we will send you annual photos of its growing.
- River tubing
Afterwards, we will go to a specific part of the river, where we will do the tubing activity. At the end we will end up in a natural pool of the river, where we will relax and enjoy the surrounding natural landscape. Then, we will return to the farm to enjoy a typical lunch of the Peruvian Amazon, if we wish we can buy some Amazon souvenirs, we will say goodbye to all those who helped us carry out this alternative healing ceremony with Ayahuasca and we will return to Cusco in our private van. We will leave the farm around 1 pm. and we will be arriving in Cusco around 6 pm.
** Our Ayahuasca Retreat in the Peruvian Cusco Jungle service, is door to door.
Included on the Ayahuasca Retreat in the Cusco Amazon Jungle
Professional Coordinators: All our coordinators are professionals who have been prepared for a long time in Ayahuasca spiritual retreats in the Amazon and have also studied tourism at the University of Cusco or Madre de Dios. They are friendly, funny charming, knowledgeable, professional and speak well English. They also will be awesome interpreters in all steps of your Ayahuasca retreat.
Amazonian Shaman: The shamans we work with are all from the town of Huacaria, we belong to the Matsigenka tribe, located in the Amazon jungle of Cusco; We have all had the privilege of being born in the Peruvian jungle and thus directly knowing the authentic healing power of an Ayahuasca retreat.
Ayahuasca Retreat in the Cusco Amazon jungle: This 3-day Ayahuasca retreat gives you the opportunity to perform 1 Ayahuasca ceremony and an optional second ceremony, which will be analyzed and recommended by our shaman. Remember that just one Ayahuasca ceremony reveals a huge number of visions that need to be interpreted and learned correctly.
Permits: As soon as we get your details and deposit, we will purchase your permits for the Manu National Park.
Family House: Our Ayahuasca retreat itinerary includes two nights in rooms shared by two people; if you want a private room (you must add $ 100 for a private room for 2 nights). We have 5 bathrooms which are shared by all Ayahuasca lovers. The bathrooms are constantly cleaned and disinfected.
- Biking for 2 hours from the highlands to the jungle (optional activity).
- Swimming in a crystalline and temperate river.
- Meditation under the sounds of the river and instruments of our shaman.
- Horse riding under sunset and twilight.
- Meeting with the shaman to talk about your intentions and desires when taking the healing medicine of Ayahuasca and how she will work with you.
- 2 rapé ceremonies before each Ayahuasca therapy.
- 1 Coca leaf reading ceremony.
- 2 Ayahuasca ceremonies (with free option to do 1 more ceremony).
- 1 Ceremony of interpretation of your Ayahuasca visions.
- 2 Floral spiritual bath in the river.
- Visit the wild animal rescue center.
- Observation of birds and the vast Amazon rainforest from our observation tower built on a tree.
- Plant your Ayahuasca vine or a tree, which will be yours forever.
- 45 minutes of tubing in a pristine river.
- Free access to bathe in the rivers whenever you want.
- Free access to any place on the farm that you consider suitable to do your personal meditations.
Briefing: The day before your spiritual journey, you will come to our office for your informative meeting. You will receive a duffle bag, that you will bring to our Ayahuasca retreat center and also you will pay the balance.
Transportation: Ikaro Ayahuasca Retreat will be providing all transport needed for this Ayahuasca journey, our service is from door to door.
Food: Our Ayahuasca trip includes, a local chef who will cook delicious organic meals; that many previous Ayahuasca lovers have loved. We have experience cooking the proper diet food for an Ayahuasca retreat and we honor all food restrictions, so be sure to add any that you have on your booking form and let us know. Food is typically all served as buffet.
Details: We profess that it is the attention to small details that separates us from other travel agencies; each tourist receives a duffle bag to carry their essential belongings to our Ayahuasca retreat center. We gift all our Ayahuasca lovers a beautiful souvenir made by my relatives; and also a tree or an Ayahuasca vine that you will plant and that will be yours forever.
First Aid: Every coordinator has got training in first aid from a clinic and firemen. We elaborate mandatory training sessions, every February about Ayahuasca retreat risk situations; which every Ikaro Ayahuasca Retreat coordinator must attend. Your spiritual leader is going to have always a first-aid kit for medical problems.
Not Included on the Ayahuasca Retreat in the Cusco Amazon jungle
- Gratuities for our staff: Ikaro Ayahuasca Retreat ensures all staff are fairly paid and therefore gratuities are optional; and at your own discretion.
- Travel Insurance: Highly recommended for all tourist.
- Water Bottle: You can buy it from my relatives in the Ayahuasca retreat center.
- Flight tickets
- Hotel in Cusco
We would like to be in charge of guiding you, in your experience with Ayahuasca in the Amazon Peruvian jungle.
- Retreat Group Price
$680 per person
- Private Ayahuasca Retreat
One Ayahuasca lover: $730 per person
Two Ayahuasca lovers: $720 per person
Three Ayahuasca lovers: $710 per person
Four Ayahuasca lovers: $700 per person
Five Ayahuasca lovers: $690 per person
Six, or more Ayahuasca lovers: $680 per person
The rooms are twins and they are shared by two Ayahuasca lovers.
Important Note: Our Ayahuasca retreat is done in small groups, from 4 to 10 people; if you wish to have a private Ayahuasca ceremony only for you and your loved ones. This option is also available, you only need to coordinate it, with your sale representative.
Important Note II: For patient safety, we reserve the right to refuse treatment to patients with the following conditions:
- Heart surgery, pacemaker, tachycardia, murmur, or other heart ailment
- Blood disease.
Mental illness (Schizophrenia, Bipolarism, etc.).
Ayahuasca Retreat in the Cusco Amazon jungle Packing list
Bringing what is recommended on the packing list is essential for a better experience within your Ayahuasca retreat in the Amazon.
Recommended Packing List
1. 1 Daypack/carry-on bag – for valuables and breakable objects.
2. Sandals or flip-flops.
3. Outdoor shoes (good enough for moderate hiking but light enough for mud).
4. 2 pairs of swimming gear.
5. 1-2 pair jeans/pants/dress/shirt for social scene and meditation.
6. 1 rugged pants for hikes (lighter is better).
7. 1-2 Loose fitting, breathable long sleeved shirts for jungle
8. Casual/active hot weather attire (enough for 3 days, 25-30-degree Celsius weather).
9. Down jacket; people usually feel so much cold while doing Ayahuasca.
10. 1 Light rain jacket.
11. Socks & Undies (enough for 3 days, plus extras).
12. Sun hat.
13. Rain poncho.
14. Passport (valid for at least six months).
15. Extra money in soles, to buy souvenirs and to tip the people who will accompany you on your spiritual journey (not mandatory). it is advisable to carry bills with denominations of 20, 50 and 100 soles.
16. Credit card with cash withdrawal option.
17. PLENTY of insect repellant (DEET Recommended, as well as something natural) – they don’t sell strong stuff in Peru!
18. Sunscreen (30+ SPF Recommended).
19. Flashlight(s) (one bright for jungle, one dim LED RED LIGHT for ceremonies).
20. Small first-aid kit for scrapes, cuts and bug bites.
22. Face Wipes: the humidity will cause you to sweat a lot.
23. Deodorant, you will use more than normal due to the sweat.
24. Medications (Insect bites, headaches, muscle pain, etc.).
25. Notebook / Journal.
26. Camera & Memory Cards.
27. Personal reading material.
Our bodies are full of toxic and inorganic substances that will not allow us to receive mother Ayahuasca properly. The vast majority of the foods that we currently consume contain large amounts of preservatives, so a proper diet for at least a week before the Ayahuasca retreat is recommended to better channel the teachings of this powerful ancestral medicine.
Ayahuasca expert Alan Shoemaker expanded on this idea; in his book: «Ayahuasca Medicine, the Shamanic World of Amazonian Sacred Plant Healing». Plant diets are designed to help a person connect with plant spirits and develop new healing abilities, vision, and knowledge; that require a lot of time, in solitude and with a strict dietary regimen. When you follow a strict required diet, you become more accessible to the spirit world.”
Tranquilize or cleanse the body to achieve a spiritual state; It will be a familiar idea to anyone who has practiced yoga. Yoga asana such as physical positions such as: downward facing dog or child’s pose; These poses were originally designed for the purpose of preparing your body for meditation. Like the effect of the asanas on meditation, the physical preparation of the Ayahuasca pre-diet; it goes hand in hand with being able to psychologically prepare for the healing experience.
Cleansing yourself of toxins gives you a great boost in the Ayahuasca journey; because, as Vincent Ravalee explains in the book entitled: «The Psychotropic Mind». All the toxins that we accumulate during our daily life, are the first things that Ayahuasca will attack.
When you cleanse those toxins in advance, it is easier for mother Ayahuasca to work in your body; because there are fewer “barriers” to cross. By following the diet, you ensure your ability to get the most out of your trip; and reach deeper levels of spiritual psychic understanding.
Each shaman, Ayahuasquero or Ayahuasca retreat varies in specific restrictions. In the Huacaria community we have a series of physical, emotional, mental and spiritual diets that you must follow rigorously to have a deep and healing experience with Ayahuasca.
Our Matsigenka Restrictions are:
Proper body preparation reduces the risks of experimenting, difficulties and intense purging during the ceremony with the mother Ayahuasca. In addition, to following a proper diet, you show your commitment and intentions to heal yourself and know your own divinity.
Foods Containing Tyramine.
Ayahuasca, specifically; the Banisteriopsis Caapi, which is a vine plant, and one of the principal ingredients in the Ayahuasca brew. Is an MAO-inhibitor, meaning it temporarily inhibits the activation of the monoamine oxidase (MAO) an enzyme that is essential to process the amino acid tyramine.
if you ingest an MAO inhibitor, such as: Ayahuasca and eat foods high in tyramine; it can quickly reach dangerous levels. This can cause a severe increase in blood pressure and require emergency treatment.
You should avoid products that contains tyramine; 2 weeks before the Ayahuasca retreat and 1 week, after taking it.
- Red meat.
- Aged cheeses.
- Fermented foods like soy sauce, fermented tofu, and sauerkraut.
- Nutritional supplements, like protein powders.
- Chicken liver.
The best way to prepare our temple, that is, our body, is to eat a diet rich in organic foods. Foods that contain preservatives are not recommended at all for a proper and healthy diet before an Ayahuasca ceremony. It is recommended to follow a diet based on fruits, vegetables and seeds.
Other foods you should avoid:
In addition to foods high in tyramine, you should avoid condiments, very acidic foods, salt and sugar in excess; these contain toxins that are difficult to eliminate from our body, and also that obstruct the purgative and healing energy of plant medicine.
Avoid all Type of Animal Products
Currently many animals used as a source of food, are full of chemicals; from vaccines, antibiotics to hormones, and are raised and slaughtered inhumanely.
Unless you are consuming organically raised animals or wild animals from the jungle. It is best to avoid any industrialized animal product.
It is mandatory not to consume industrialized products or animals; because you consume not only the substance of those foods, but also the energy of them. So, if you consume an animal, which was full of inorganics and chemicals and spent its entire life miserably crammed into a pen or barn; only to finally be slaughtered, in masse, in a mechanized way, you also ingest the negative energy and traumatic experience of that animal.
3 weeks leading up to the Ayahuasca ceremony; we strongly suggest that you stop the following prescription drugs:
- Antidepressants like SSRIs.
- Sleep medications.
- Alpha- and beta-blockers.
Sex and Masturbation
Avoiding a sexual and energetic exchange 2 weeks before and after your Ayahuasca retreat in the Cusco Amazon jungle is essential for a better experience.
Sex, masturbation or even any exchange of bodily fluids, energetic and spiritual, can deplete the energy support available to you and thus inhibit the effectiveness of the sacred plants to teach and guide you.
The mental, emotional and spiritual diet is as important as the physical diet for a successful ceremony with the mother Ayahuasca. In our Huacaria village, the mental preset would include staying in relative solitude and minimizing useless chatter and gossip. In industrialized countries; a modern diet would definitely include: a fast from videos, TV, radio, movies, news, and social media.
You should spend as many days as possible, before your Ayahuasca ceremony, doing activities such as: meditation, mindfulness practice and yoga to mention a few. Contemplation walks through forests, mountains, riverbanks, ocean shores. Also take a walk at sunrise and sunset to receive solar energy, walk at night, it is much better if it is a full moon, so you fully receive the energy of the stars and planets. Start connecting directly with nature, even before your appointment with Ayahuasca.
It is very risky and can bring you a bad experience; if you don’t do your diet responsibly and strictly.