750 USD Per person
Ayahuasca Ceremony in Cusco Peru
We have a spiritual retreat of Ayahuasca in the sacred valley of the Incas, in the hamlet of Viacha, located 40 minutes from the town of Pisac. The Sacred Valley of the Incas is located very close to Machu Picchu. The retreat house that we have in the Sacred Valley of the Incas is a magical and perfect place for a genuine Ayahuasca ceremony in Cusco Peru. Start your healing journey with mother Ayahuasca, in a magical, immersive, safe, authentic and unforgettable place.
Ayahuasca is an indigenous alternative medicine that is helping many people around the world find their inner self and divinity. The Peruvian Andes and especially the Sacred Valley of the Incas, due to its proximity to Machu Picchu, is a very powerful place to make an extraordinary Ayahuasca journey to get in touch with your inner being and your divinity.
Highlights of our Ayahuasca Ceremony in Cusco Peru
- The shamans we work with are all from my town, located in the Amazon jungle of Cusco; The tribe to which they belong are known as the Matsigenka and Ashaninka and they have lived for hundreds of years in the Peruvian Amazon. Our healers have many years of experience healing and helping with Ayahuasca.
- Your safety is our priority, that is why, we include coordinators who will be available 24/7 for you. Our coordinators are trained by doctors and firefighters to solve medical problems. We Also have an agreement with a local hospital to act in case of any emergency.
- For the retreat place we have, for the shamans that work with us and the logistics that we use in our Ayahuasca retreats; the price of our programs are very affordable, we seek to help and heal people in the most authentic way possible, in an immersive and unforgettable setting.
- Be part of our social and environmental projects.
- The groups are small, from 4 to 10 people maximum; this number of people allows the healer / shaman to have adequate control of the energies and frequencies of all participants.
- We are located in Viacha a small hamlet in the sacred valley of Machu Picchu; it is a powerful place located 2 hours from Cusco and very close to the Inca citadel of Pisac.
- Our Ayahuasca Retreat includes incredible activities to connect you deeply with nature, the universe and your divinity (see the activities in the itinerary).
- We prepare adequate diets for Ayahuasca on the days of the ceremony and also delicious food using organic products that we grow in our own farmland.
Trip Overview of our Ayahuasca Ceremony in Cusco Peru
- Tour localization: Our Ayahuasca healing retreat is located in Viacha, a hamlet in the sacred valley of Cusco, located very close to the Inca citadel of Pisac.
- Tour type: 3 days and 2 night Ayahuasca ceremony in the Peruvian Andes, very close to Machu Picchu.
- Good for: Everybody, done in small groups from 4 to 10 or privately
- Difficulty: Not trekking, but a lot of walking around the forest.
- Season: All year around.
If you would like to do a 5-day trek through the Inca Trail or the Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu, we have treks that offer you the possibility of doing yoga, meditation and a suitable diet for an Ayahausca ceremony. More information in the following tab: Ayahuasca preparation treks
Day 1: Cusco – Viacha – First Ayahuasca Ceremony.
- Driving hours: 2 hours by car
- Weather: Cold during the night.
This Ayahuasca healing trip begins with a pick up from your hotel at 8 am. The activities that we carry out in these 3 days of alternative retreat are described in the order in which we will carry them out.
- Visit the Cochahuasi Animal Sanctuary
We will be driven for 30 minutes to the Cochahuasi animal rescue sanctuary, where you will observe and learn about spectacled bears, deer, bobcats, turtles, llamas, alpacas, macaws, monkeys and condors in flight that are cared for and protected in the center. rescue.
- Contemplate the sacred valley from Taray
Afterwards, they will be driven for 5 minutes to the Taray viewpoint, from where they will observe the beautiful Sacred Valley of the Incas. These activities of connection with animals and contemplation of beautiful and sacred landscapes will help you better process the mother Ayahuasca in the ceremonies.
- Walk to the Sirenachayoc waterfall
Later they will be driven for 25 minutes to the town of Lamay, from where they will make a 1-hour walk to the beautiful Sirenachayoc waterfall. In this place they will carry out meditation activities that will help them prepare physically and spiritually to receive the healing properties of Ayahuasca. After having contemplated the Sirenachayoc waterfall, you will walk back for 1 hour to Lamay, from where you will be transported for 1 hour to our retreat house located in the Viacha village. After eating a light diet, you will have some time to rest.
- Wood sculpture classes
Around 4 pm, there will be a class on sculpture in stone and wood. Afterwards, you will go to a beautiful viewpoint of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, from where you will observe a beautiful sunset. In the late afternoon, you will be prepared to perform the healing ceremony with Ayahuasca.
- Meeting with the shaman who performs the Ayahuasca retreat
We will meet with the shaman to give a talk about the Ayahuasca ceremony, how it will be carried out, how to better control the visions when performing the ceremony and the expectations we have when ingesting the mother Ayahuasca.
- your own moment
You will have a time of 1 hour and you will be able to choose the place of the farm that you want to carry out your own meditation and concentration to experience Ayahuasca at night.
- The main Ayahuasca ceremony
The Ayahuasca ceremony takes place from 8 pm. until 1 in the morning more or less, the time is an estimate, since some ceremonies can last longer and others less. This Ayahuasca retreat will be chaired and guided by our main shaman, called Munay, and you will be cared for and assisted at all times by our coordinators.
** This Ayahuasca experience in the Andes mountain range close to the sacred and religious Pisac archaeological complex will be very powerful and healing for you and your loved ones
NOTE: The rooms are shared by two Ayahuasca lovers and the bathrooms are outside from the rooms, the toilets are shared as well. We have a capacity of 5 twin rooms.
DAY 2: Interpretation of Your Ayahuasca Visions – Hiking to Totoracocha Lagoon – Play Andean Instruments – Second Ayahuasca Therapy.
The second day of our Ayahuasca retreat, we carry out activities that will help us interpret the visions acquired during the Ayahuasca ceremony and contemplate all that knowledge.
- Interpretation of Ayahuasca visions
After a delicious and nutritious breakfast, we will have a meeting with our shaman to talk and interpret the visions and teachings left by Ayahuasca. The visions perceived during an Ayahuasca session usually act as metaphors or allegories, similar to how dreams capture remote places of the unconscious in images. There are pervasive patterns in Ayahuasca visions: animals (especially snakes and felines), images of death and rebirth, and flying beings, to name a few.Andean flowering bath
- Hiking to the Totoracocha lagoon
After your meeting with Munay, your ayahuasca teacher, you and your coordinator will take a 1-hour walk to the Totoracocha lagoon, this walk will be very contemplative, since you will come into visual contact with the mountains, wild alpcas, the beautiful lagoon and in this way you will be able to interpret for yourself the first teachings left by mother Ayahuasca. In Totoracocha, you will perform a guided meditation and a yoga session to balance the body, heart and soul and better receive the metaphorical teachings of Ayahuasca medicine. Later, you will return walking for 45 minutes to our retreat house in Viacha.
- Classes to learn to play Andean instruments
In the afternoon they will have some classes to learn to play musical instruments. Music is one of the most important factors for spiritual therapy with Ayahuasca. Your coordinator will teach you to play instruments such as the charango and Andean instruments such as the Quena and the panpipe. These classes will be held in one of the most beautiful viewpoints of the sacred valley and under an imposing sunset.
- Second Ayahuasca Ceremony
Tonight we have a second ceremony with the ancestral medicine of Ayahuasca and we will once again learn of her love and wisdom. An integrative and transcendental night presided over by our shaman Munay and with the help and care of our coordinators.
** Always keep in mind that Ayahuasca works differently in each spiritual being and one thing is to have an appreciation of Ayahuasca based on the experience of your friends or the books you have read and the one you will have once you embark on this journey of spiritual healing with mother Ayahuasca.
DAY 3: Talking About Andean Spiritual World – Floral Bath – Cusco.
After a very nutritious Andean breakfast, you will have a meeting with Munay, our shaman, and you will also talk about Andean philosophy with our main coordinator. This Ayahuasca spiritual retreat will culminate with a flowering bath with native herbs and flowers from the Andes and the Peruvian Amazon. This flowering ceremony will help you eliminate all negativity and purify your body and spirit for a better assimilation of Ayahuasca. Around 11 in the morning we will return to Cusco; we will leave you at the door of your hotel around 1 pm.
** Our Ayahuasca Retreat in the Peruvian Andes service, is door to door.
Included on the Ayahuasca Ceremony in Cusco Peru
Professional Coordinators: All our coordinators are professionals who have been prepared for a long time in Ayahuasca spiritual retreats in the Amazon and have also studied tourism at the University of Cusco or Madre de Dios. They are friendly, funny charming, knowledgeable, professional and speak well English. They also will be awesome interpreters in all steps of your Ayahuasca retreat.
Amazonian Shaman: The shamans we work with are all from the town of Huacaria, we belong to the Matsigenka tribe, located in the Amazon jungle of Cusco; We have all had the privilege of being born in the Peruvian jungle and thus directly knowing the authentic healing power of an Ayahuasca retreat.
Ayahuasca Retreat in the Cusco Amazon jungle: This 4-day Ayahuasca retreat gives you the opportunity to perform 1 Ayahuasca ceremony and an optional second ceremony, which will be analyzed and recommended by our shaman. Remember that just one Ayahuasca ceremony reveals a huge number of visions that need to be interpreted and learned correctly.
Permits: As soon as we get your details and deposit, we will purchase your permits for the Manu National Park.
Family House: Our Ayahuasca retreat itinerary includes two nights in rooms shared by two people; if you want a private room (you must add $ 150 for a private room for 2 nights). We have 5 bathrooms which are shared by all Ayahuasca lovers. The bathrooms are constantly cleaned and disinfected.
- Visit the Cochahuasi animal rescue center.
- See the sacred valley of the Incas from the Taray lookout.
- Walk to the Sirenachayoc waterfall.
- Wood or stone sculpture classes.
- Meeting with the shaman to talk about your intentions and desires when taking the healing medicine of Ayahuasca and how she will work with you.
- First Ayahuasca ceremony.
- Ceremony of interpretation of your Ayahuasca visions.
- Floral spiritual bath.
- Hike to the Totoracocha lagoon.
- Classes to learn how to play Andean instruments.
- Free access to bathe in the rivers whenever you want.
- Free access to any place on the farm that you consider suitable to do your personal meditations.
Briefing: The day before your spiritual journey, you will come to our office for your informative meeting. You will receive a duffle bag, that you will bring to our Ayahuasca retreat center and also you will pay the balance.
Transportation: Ikaro Ayahuasca Retreat will be providing all transport needed for this Ayahuasca journey, our service is from door to door.
Food: Our Wachuma and Ayahuasca retreat in Cusco includes, a local chef who will cook delicious organic meals; that many previous Ayahuasca lovers have loved. We have experience cooking the proper diet food for an Ayahuasca retreat and we honor all food restrictions, so be sure to add any that you have on your booking form and let us know. Food is typically all served as buffet.
Details: We profess that it is the attention to small details that separates us from other travel agencies; each tourist receives a duffle bag to carry their essential belongings to our Ayahuasca retreat center. We gift all our Ayahuasca lovers a beautiful souvenir made by my relatives; and also a tree or an Ayahuasca vine that you will plant and that will be yours forever.
First Aid: Every coordinator has got training in first aid from a clinic and firemen. We elaborate mandatory training sessions, every February about Ayahuasca retreat risk situations; which every Ikaro Ayahuasca Retreat coordinator must attend. Your spiritual leader is going to have always a first-aid kit for medical problems.
Not Included on the Ayahuasca Ceremony in Cusco Peru
- Gratuities for our staff: Ikaro Ayahuasca Retreat ensures all staff are fairly paid and therefore gratuities are optional; and at your own discretion.
- Travel Insurance: Highly recommended for all tourist.
- Water Bottle: You can buy it from my relatives in the Ayahuasca retreat center.
- Flight tickets
- Hotel in Cusco
We would like to be in charge of guiding you, in your experience with Ayahuasca in Cusco
- Group Ayahuasca Price
$750 per person
The rooms are twins and they are shared by two Ayahuasca lovers.
Important Note: Our Wachuma and Ayahuasca retreat is done in small groups, from 4 to 10 people; if you wish to have a private Ayahuasca ceremony only for you and your loved ones. This option is also available, you only need to coordinate it, with your sale representative.
Important Note II: For patient safety, we reserve the right to refuse treatment to patients with the following conditions:
- Heart surgery, pacemaker, tachycardia, murmur, or other heart ailment
- Blood disease.
Mental illness (Schizophrenia, Bipolarism, etc.).
Ayahuasca Ceremony in Cusco Peru Packing List
Bringing what is recommended on the packing list is essential for a better experience within your Ayahuasca ceremony in Cusco Peru.
Recommended Packing List
- 1 Daypack/carry-on bag – for valuables and breakable objects.
- Sandals or flip-flops.
- Outdoor shoes (good enough for moderate hiking but light enough for mud).
- 2 pairs of swimming gear.
- 1-2 pair jeans/pants/dress/shirt for social scene and meditation.
- 1 rugged pants for hikes (lighter is better).
- 1-2 Loose fitting, breathable long sleeved shirts for jungle
- Casual/active hot weather attire (enough for 3 days, 25-30-degree Celsius weather).
- Down jacket; people usually feel so much cold while doing Ayahuasca.
- 1 Light rain jacket.
- Socks & Undies (enough for 3 days, plus extras).
- Sun hat.
- Rain poncho.
- Passport (valid for at least six months).
- Extra money in soles, to buy souvenirs and to tip the people who will accompany you on your spiritual journey (not mandatory). it is advisable to carry bills with denominations of 20, 50 and 100 soles.
- Credit card with cash withdrawal option.
- PLENTY of insect repellant (DEET Recommended, as well as something natural) – they don’t sell strong stuff in Peru!
- Sunscreen (30+ SPF Recommended).
- Flashlight(s) (one bright for jungle, one dim LED RED LIGHT for ceremonies).
- Small first-aid kit for scrapes, cuts and bug bites.
- Face Wipes: the humidity will cause you to sweat a lot.
- Deodorant, you will use more than normal due to the sweat.
- Medications (Insect bites, headaches, muscle pain, etc.).
- Notebook / Journal.
- Camera & Memory Cards.
- Personal reading material.
Our bodies are full of toxic and inorganic substances that will not allow us to receive mother Ayahuasca properly. The vast majority of the foods that we currently consume contain large amounts of preservatives, so a proper diet for at least a week before the Wachuma and Ayahuasca retreat is recommended to better channel the teachings of this powerful ancestral medicine.
Ayahuasca expert Alan Shoemaker expanded on this idea; in his book: «Ayahuasca Medicine, the Shamanic World of Amazonian Sacred Plant Healing». Plant diets are designed to help a person connect with plant spirits and develop new healing abilities, vision, and knowledge; that require a lot of time, in solitude and with a strict dietary regimen. When you follow a strict required diet, you become more accessible to the spirit world.”
Tranquilize or cleanse the body to achieve a spiritual state; It will be a familiar idea to anyone who has practiced yoga. Yoga asana such as physical positions such as: downward facing dog or child’s pose; These poses were originally designed for the purpose of preparing your body for meditation. Like the effect of the asanas on meditation, the physical preparation of the Ayahuasca pre-diet; it goes hand in hand with being able to psychologically prepare for the healing experience.
Cleansing yourself of toxins gives you a great boost in the Ayahuasca journey; because, as Vincent Ravalee explains in the book entitled: «The Psychotropic Mind». All the toxins that we accumulate during our daily life, are the first things that Ayahuasca will attack.
When you cleanse those toxins in advance, it is easier for Wachuma and mother Ayahuasca to work in your body; because there are fewer “barriers” to cross. By following the diet, you ensure your ability to get the most out of your trip; and reach deeper levels of spiritual psychic understanding.
Each shaman, Ayahuasquero or Ayahuasca retreat varies in specific restrictions. In the Huacaria community we have a series of physical, emotional, mental and spiritual diets that you must follow rigorously to have a deep and healing experience with Ayahuasca.
Our Matsigenka Restrictions are:
Proper body preparation reduces the risks of experimenting, difficulties and intense purging during the ceremony with the mother Ayahuasca. In addition, to following a proper diet, you show your commitment and intentions to heal yourself and know your own divinity.
Foods Containing Tyramine.
Ayahuasca, specifically; the Banisteriopsis Caapi, which is a vine plant, and one of the principal ingredients in the Ayahuasca brew. Is an MAO-inhibitor, meaning it temporarily inhibits the activation of the monoamine oxidase (MAO) an enzyme that is essential to process the amino acid tyramine.
if you ingest an MAO inhibitor, such as: Ayahuasca and eat foods high in tyramine; it can quickly reach dangerous levels. This can cause a severe increase in blood pressure and require emergency treatment.
You should avoid products that contains tyramine; 2 weeks before the Ayahuasca retreat and 1 week, after taking it.
- Red meat.
- Aged cheeses.
- Fermented foods like soy sauce, fermented tofu, and sauerkraut.
- Nutritional supplements, like protein powders.
- Chicken liver.
The best way to prepare our temple, that is, our body, is to eat a diet rich in organic foods. Foods that contain preservatives are not recommended at all for a proper and healthy diet before an Ayahuasca ceremony. It is recommended to follow a diet based on fruits, vegetables and seeds.
Other foods you should avoid:
In addition to foods high in tyramine, you should avoid condiments, very acidic foods, salt and sugar in excess; these contain toxins that are difficult to eliminate from our body, and also that obstruct the purgative and healing energy of plant medicine.
Avoid all Type of Animal Products
Currently many animals used as a source of food, are full of chemicals; from vaccines, antibiotics to hormones, and are raised and slaughtered inhumanely.
Unless you are consuming organically raised animals or wild animals from the jungle. It is best to avoid any industrialized animal product.
It is mandatory not to consume industrialized products or animals; because you consume not only the substance of those foods, but also the energy of them. So, if you consume an animal, which was full of inorganics and chemicals and spent its entire life miserably crammed into a pen or barn; only to finally be slaughtered, in masse, in a mechanized way, you also ingest the negative energy and traumatic experience of that animal.
3 weeks leading up to the Ayahuasca ceremony; we strongly suggest that you stop the following prescription drugs:
- Antidepressants like SSRIs.
- Sleep medications.
- Alpha- and beta-blockers.
Sex and Masturbation
Avoiding a sexual and energetic exchange 2 weeks before and after your Wachuma and Ayahuasca retreat in Cusco is essential for a better experience.
Sex, masturbation or even any exchange of bodily fluids, energetic and spiritual, can deplete the energy support available to you and thus inhibit the effectiveness of the sacred plants to teach and guide you.
The mental, emotional and spiritual diet is as important as the physical diet for a successful ceremony with the mother Ayahuasca. In our Huacaria village, the mental preset would include staying in relative solitude and minimizing useless chatter and gossip. In industrialized countries; a modern diet would definitely include: a fast from videos, TV, radio, movies, news, and social media.
You should spend as many days as possible, before your Ayahuasca ceremony, doing activities such as: meditation, mindfulness practice and yoga to mention a few. Contemplation walks through forests, mountains, riverbanks, ocean shores. Also take a walk at sunrise and sunset to receive solar energy, walk at night, it is much better if it is a full moon, so you fully receive the energy of the stars and planets. Start connecting directly with nature, even before your appointment with Ayahuasca.
It is very risky and can bring you a bad experience; if you don’t do your diet responsibly and strictly.